The school building is a French style Second Empire three story brick building. Its windows are tall and narrow with rounded tops, and are slightly recessed from the facade in a square niche; the window niches on the second floor have a further decorative brickwork border on top. The building’s most prominent feature is its clock tower, which rises four stories, and is topped by a mansard roof. Building of the 13,800-square-foot schoolhouse took place in 1872 and 1874. It was finally completed and dedicated in 1874. The building was designed by George W. Stevens. The clock tower is 112 feet high. The bell alone within the clock tower weighs 2,100 pounds . The current owner, Nick Soggu, owner and founder of SilverTech, purchased the building for his corporation in November 2007.