São Miguel Chapel or Saint Michael’s Chapel (Capela de São Miguel) is a chapel of the University of Coimbra in Coimbra, Portugal which was founded (at another location) in 1290. The university is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In architectural style, it is Manueline or Portuguese late Gothic. The interior contains elaborate azulejo wall tiles, an altar with influences of Mannerism and an ornate Baroque organ. The chapel was originally part of the Royal Palace of Coimbra which was acquired by the University from the Royal Family in 1597. It retained royal privilege even after the purchase.