The Wigwam Western Summit first opened in 1914 as a gift shop serving the travelers on the newly created scenic driving route The Mohawk Trail. In 1913 four sisters purchased the property and opened the gift shop, an observation tower and twelve cabins. Today the shop has been extensively renovated and serves as a coffee shop and bakery.
There are still four rustic cabins on site available for rent and a private hiking trail connecting to the Hoosac Range Hiking Trail.
The baked goods and hot dogs were excellent.
The view overlooking the valley and the town of North Adams is spectacular.