Plum Island Lighthouse – Newburyport, Massachusetts

The Plum Island Lighthouse in Newburyport was first built in 1787 on the northern end of Plum Island. The first lights were wooden and moved several times due to shifting sands of the barrier island. The wooden lighthouses were later replaced by a brick and mortar tower which is actually currently quite a ways away from the shoreline due to those shifting sands. To get to the light drive all the way down the road until it ends on the northern part of the island. The lighthouse will be on your left. The grounds are open all year and the tower can be climbed during open houses occasionally during the summer.

New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos
New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos
New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos
New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos
New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos
New photo by Wanderlust Family Adventure / Google Photos