Parque da Cidade Manuel Braga; Coimbra’s emblematic park is one of the most cherished spaces in the city, with a beautiful location next to the Mondego River. Initially, it was a space that belonged to the Benedictine monks, located by the river water and therefore subject to constant flooding. In 1888, the Municipality of Coimbra acquired the land, consisting of an orange groves area, an open area where horse races were held and a soccer field on the east side. In 1920 the associated lands were formed into a park.
The Water Museum is within the park.