São Bento Railway Station is a 20th-century railway terminal in the city of Porto, Portugal. The English translation of São Bento is Saint Benedict. The station is located in the Historic Center of Porto, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and as a National Monument of Portugal. This building was constructed over a number of years, starting in 1904, based on plans by architect José Marques da Silva. The large panels of azulejo tile were designed and painted by Jorge Colaço; they were completed in 1916 and the station was then inaugurated. The murals represent moments in the country’s history and the multicolored panels depict rural scenes showing the people of various regions.
The spectacular Catholic Church; Igreja de Santo Antonio dos Congregados is just outside the station.