The General Jose de San Martin Memorial is an equestrian statue memorial of Argentine general and independence leader José de San Martín in Washington, D.C., United States. The memorial is located at Virginia Avenue and 20th Street N.W. in the Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C., near the United States Department of State. The memorial was sculpted by Augustin-Alexandre Dumont beginning in 1924. It is a replica of an original located at the Plaza San Martín in Buenos Aires. The memorial was a gift to the United States from Argentina and was dedicated on October 28, 1925. President Calvin Coolidge spoke at the dedication.